Friday, January 22, 2010

Will a Success Journal Keep You on Track?

Do you feel like you are spinning your wheels some days? You are talking the positive talk and you are trying to believe, but then you wake up and it just feels like you are not making progress. You are still the person you always were in the life you have always lived.


Yes, you are who you have always been, but you are an improved version. And I can prove it to you if you will keep a simple success journal. Everybody gets the blues occasionally because it takes time for some things to manifest. When that happens, a success journal can remind you of all you have manifested so far and help you stay focused on what you can do today.

I like to keep a simple success journal – just three to five entries a month. I don't even write in sentences, often my entries are in the form of lists of my goals, gratitudes, and successes. Whatever is on my mind, I make an appropriate list.

Goals – I list forward thinking achievements, anything that is on my mind for the future: I want to (do something). I put my goals in the form of an action to remind myself that I am not a passive participant but an active player in the drama that is my life. This exercise allows me to record my worries without stating negative thoughts.

Gratitudes - I list all the things I am grateful to have received that I acknowledge are outside my control. Health, life, birthday presents. Gratitude lists are the most important lists I make because they me get out of my own head to a place where I can see how lucky I am.

Successes - I list all my accomplishments. These lists are necessary to fully process a feeling of gratitude. When I feel I am giving myself my props, I feel even more able to acknowledge the blessings in my life. Often I make lists for different time periods: successes in the past year, month, week.

A journal like this will provide you with entries that you can review when you feel blue and see that when you set goals you meet them. Maybe not all of them, all the time, but you will have successes. You will see that a lot of truly blessed things do happen to you. And that overall you achieve a great deal.

You are in control in of your destiny. You can create your happy ending. If you are feeling stuck, check out The Success Principles for proven tips and strategies.

Compensation disclaimer: Please be advised I may receive compensation when you follow live links from this webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment